For Immediate Release
Evacuation Order rescinded from Churn Creek to Southern Cariboo Regional District Boundary
Williams Lake, B.C.
– Pursuant to the BC Emergency Program Act, a reduced Evacuation Order has been issued by the Cariboo Regional District. This order is replacing the South of Highway 20 to Southern CRD Boundary and East of the Fraser River. The area South of Highway 20 to Gang Ranch and East to Fraser River remains on Evacuation Order.
Areas that are still on evacuation order will still be enforced by members of the RCMP or other groups due to immediate danger to life safety due to fire.
To view a map of the areas remaining under evacuation order: http://bit.ly/2iVLCvs
IF YOU ARE IN AN EVACUATION ORDER AREA:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
- If you have any questions for Emergency Social Services (ESS) please call 587-645-5185.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations
as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca
. For more information contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977. Please note that our phones lines will be open 10:00am-2:00pm for the Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the Labour Day Long weekend.
Residents are strongly encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup