This year, the Cariboo Regional District is celebrating its 50th anniversary. As a way to celebrate, we are hoping you will share your photos from around the Cariboo with us for the chance to win a GoPro.
Post your photos on the Cariboo Regional District Facebook page at facebook.com/caribooregion or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 p.m. on Tuesday, July 31.
An independent panel of judges will evaluate all the photos and pick the top three contestants based on the quality of the photos and how well they represent the Cariboo Regional District. We will share the top three photos on our Facebook page on Thursday, August 9, so the page’s followers can vote for the winning photo.
The photo with the most likes at noon on August 23 will be the winner of the grand prize – a GoPro HERO5 Session.
In addition to the photo contest, the Board is planning several celebratory events and activities, including ‘birthday parties’ at local events throughout the region and a float for community events and parades. Watch our website and Facebook page for more details in the next few weeks.
Incorporated on July 9, 1968, the CRD is proud to be celebrating 50 years of providing local government services to the region. The CRD currently provides more than 100 local government services to taxpayers including fire protection, land-use planning, solid waste management, and invasive plant management as well as libraries and recreation facilities.
Photo Contest Rules
- The photo with the most likes according to the rules below will win a GoPro HERO5 Session.
How to Play
- The photo must be of the Cariboo (scenery, outdoor activities, etc).
- The photo can’t have been used for commercial purposes before.
- The photo will be judged on photo quality and how well it represents the Cariboo Regional District by a panel of independent judges.
- A panel of independent judges will select the top three photos. The three photos will be posted to the Cariboo Regional District Facebook page on August 9. The photo with the most likes at noon on August 23 will be the winner of the grand prize.
- Participants must be over 19 (children can have their parents submit for them).
- If there are people in the photo, the photographer must have written permission to submit a photo of them in this contest. Please fill out the consent form on our website and email it to email@example.com.
- Participants do not need to be Cariboo Regional District citizens.
- The prize must be picked up in person.
- All entrants to this contest give permission to the Cariboo Regional District to use the photo for promotional purposes with photo credit to the photographer.
- Cariboo Regional District staff and Board are not eligible to win the grand prize.