The Cariboo Regional District is seeking a temporary full-time position of Invasive Plant Spray Assistant in the Central Cariboo. Subject to funding, the approximate term for these positions will be from May to August 2019.
The successful applicants must possess a valid Pesticide Applicator Certificate (Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weeds) as issued by the BC Ministry of Environment pursuant to the BC Integrated Pest Management Act within 30 days of being hired. A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License is also required. The physical ability to perform the duties assigned is essential to fulfill these positions.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
• Experience with ATV operation training
• Full size pick-up truck operation and trailer towing experience
• Off road driving experience
• Experience in invasive plant identification and management
• Experience with GIS mapping and GPS operation
• Familiarity with mobile computer devices (IPad) and usage of program applications
• Experience collecting data and working with databases
• Knowledge of safety practices in relation to working remotely
• Possess valid First Aid Level 1 certification
• Mechanical aptitude for small engines and pumps
• Ability to take direction and work effectively in a team environment and with the public
• Ability to work irregular hours in all weather conditions, travel and stay in remote locations
The rate of pay for this BCGEU position is $21.52 per hour.
Applications will be accepted by the undersigned until 4:00 pm, March 15, 2019 and should be in the form of a resume with an enclosed letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to this position. Applications without listing detailed information regarding relevant qualifications and experience will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Bernice Crowe, Human Resources Advisor
Cariboo Regional District
Suite D, 180 N. 3rd Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 2A4
The Cariboo Regional District thanks all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview
will be contacted.
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT