The Cariboo Regional District is seeking an experienced individual to fill the position of Area Librarian/Branch Manager for its 100 Mile House Branch. The Regional District is a mostly rural area known for its agreeable climate, affordable housing, and a vast array of outdoor recreational opportunities. The Library System includes 15 branches, 12 in small rural communities and three in the urban areas of Quesnel, Williams Lake and 100 Mile House.
DUTIES: Reporting directly to the Manager of Library Services, the Area Librarian/Branch Manager is responsible for managing the operation of the 100 Mile House Branch of the Cariboo Regional District Library System. Those responsibilities include supervising/training 8-10 staff, maintaining the library’s physical collection, selecting materials for acquisition, determining equipment/building maintenance needs, coordinating public programming, compiling statistics, preparing reports, and responding to advanced reference queries. This position also provides advice and support to several rural branches, and works closely with Library Managers from other Branches to help plan innovative library services that address community needs. Travel by car to rural branches and to various locations throughout the Region to attend meetings is required. For a detailed job description, please see document below.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited library program;
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a public library setting, including at least 2 years of leadership,
supervisory and management experience;
- Strong customer service orientation including a knowledge of best practices related to public service;
- Ability to lead and empower employees to deliver effective, high-quality library services;
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change;
- Ability to communicate effectively using superior written and verbal skills;
- Considerable knowledge of collection development and management;
- An in-depth knowledge of integrated library systems, subscription databases, social media applications, and the
wide variety of technology used by patrons to access library services;
- Strong organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other staff and to
deal pleasantly and tactfully with the public.
SALARY: This full-time exempt position offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
WORK SITE LOCATION: Cariboo Regional District 100 Mile House Library, 449 Birch Avenue South, 100 Mile House, BC. The position requires some travel throughout the Cariboo Regional District for meetings and training. Applicants must maintain a valid class 5 driver’s license.
HOURS OF WORK: The regular hours of work for this position are 35 hours per week; which includes a minimum of one weekly evening shift and some Saturdays.
Applications from interested individuals will be accepted by the undersigned until 4:00 pm, June 14, 2019 and must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to the position.
Bernice Crowe, Human Resources Advisor
Suite D - 180 North Third Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 2A4 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance for their submissions; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will receive a response.
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT