The Cariboo Regional District invites qualified applicants to apply for the full-time position of GIS Technologist.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manager of IT Services, the GIS Technologist will provide technical leadership, interdepartmental coordination and GIS technical support services to all users. Other areas of responsibility include the coordination and implementation of project work for internal and external clients, have considerable independence and judgment in meeting defined goals and objectives while supervising and directing staff in improving, maintaining, and expanding the system. For a detailed job description, please visit our website at www.cariboord.ca/careers.
• University degree in Geography or relevant field with an emphasis in GIS
• Strong background in SQL databases and Geodatabases
• Thorough understanding of ESRI’s ArcGIS products (including but not limited to: ArcGIS Server, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS online and Geocortex) and;
• Minimum of 5 years’ related experience
The ideal applicant may also have:
• Experience working in local or regional government
• Experience working in an Emergency Operations Centre
• Knowledge of Python and ModelBuilder
• Drone’s for mapping
• Floodplain mapping
• Official community plan involvement
WAGE: This is a full time BCGEU position. The current rate of pay is $41.02 per hour. A standard probation period will apply.
WORK SITE LOCATION: Cariboo Regional District Williams Lake Office located at, Suite D, 180 3rd Avenue North, Williams Lake, BC.
HOURS OF WORK: The regular hours of work for this position are 35 hours per week, Monday through to Friday.
Applications from qualified individuals will be accepted by the undersigned until 1:00 pm, Friday, July 26, 2019 and must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to the position.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Bernice Crowe, Human Resources Advisor
Suite D - 180 North Third Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 2A4
Phone: (250)392-3351 Fax: (250)392-2812
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT