The Cariboo Regional District (CRD) invites qualified applicants to apply for the full-time position of Emergency Planning Assistant.
SUMMARY: Provide administrative and technical support to the Cariboo Regional Emergency Program and stakeholders as directed on an on-going basis to maintain positive and supportive working relationships with the region and externally. For a detailed job description, download the PDF attached below.
• Enrolled in a program and working towards certification in Emergency Management.
• Working knowledge of the Emergency Program Act and Emergency Planning positions.
• Three years’ experience working in an Emergency Operations Center or equivalent.
• Post-secondary courses in Emergency Planning or equivalent.
• Work experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in an emergency environment.
• Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office suite.
• Must maintain a valid BC Driver’s license and the ability to travel in all weather conditions.
WAGE: This is a full time BCGEU position. The current rate of pay is $31.31 per hour. A standard probation period will apply.
WORK SITE LOCATION: Cariboo Regional District Williams Lake Office located at, Suite D, 180 3rd Avenue North, Williams Lake, BC. Travel within the regional district will be required.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, may work a non-standard schedule to accommodate the attendance of evening meetings or for presentations. Unexpected overtime may be required to respond to emergencies.
Applications from qualified individuals will be accepted by the undersigned until 5:00 pm, March 29, 2020 and must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to the position.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Bernice Crowe, Human Resources Advisor
Suite D - 180 North Third Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 2A4
Phone: (250)392-3351 Fax: (250)392-2812
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT