Williams Lake, B.C. – The Cariboo Regional District activated its Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) on April 17, 2020 to respond to flooding issues in the region. Here is the latest flood-related information from the region as of April 23, 2020.
- An Evacuation Order was issued on April 23 for one property on Knickerbocker Road
- An Evacuation Alert was issued on April 23 for two properties in Knickerbocker – Wells Road area
- The Cariboo Regional District issued an Evacuation Alert for the Borland Creek area in Wildwood due to flooding concerns on April 22. This alert affects 29 properties and remains in place at present.
- Sand and sandbags have been placed at 11 fire halls around the region. These resources are available for free to residents needing to protect their property from flooding.
- A number of side and secondary roads in the region are impacted by flooding. The most current road conditions for the region can be found on the DriveBC website at: https://www.tranbc.ca/current-travel-advisories/
The CRD is available to provide assistance related to flooding issues:
- Residents experiencing flooding issues that affect their home or business, should contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977 to report their situation.
- Residents cut-off from road access due to flooding, should shelter in place. Stay where you are and stay safe. Call the CRD public information line if you need assistance.
- If you are safely able to provide photographs, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please stay well back from fast-moving water and riverbanks. Conditions can change quickly and the bank can give way without warning.
- Please remember to practice physical distancing at all times and wash your hands often to reduce the risk COVID-19 spread. For guidance on sandbagging in these unique circumstances please visit:
- Residents are strongly encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders or other emergency updates: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup