Williams Lake, B.C. – Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an evacuation order for one property in the Maple Drive area due to immediate danger to life safety due to landslide.
View a map of the affected areas here: https://bit.ly/mapledriveEO
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
· You must leave the area immediately.
· Close all windows and doors.
· Do not shut off your natural gas.
· Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
· Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
· Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
· Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
· Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
· If you are on an evacuation ALERT or ORDER, or if you have been displaced from you home due to an emergency, Please self-register with Emergency Support Services (ESS) at https://ess.gov.bc.ca/ . Self-Registration will reduce wait times for evacuees and assist in the referral process.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.
Residents throughout the Cariboo Regional District are reminded to use caution as banks of rivers, streams or washout areas may be unstable and dangerous. Please stay away from fast flowing water, as well as road washouts.
Contact the CRD’s EOC if you have concerns about flooding in your area, need sand and/or sandbags. It is the homeowner's responsibility to undertake temporary and permanent flood protection to protect their home and property.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/emergency . For more information contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:30am – 4:30pm daily).
Residents are strongly encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders:
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT