Williams Lake, B.C. – An Evacuation Alert has been issued by Cariboo Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for 7 properties in the Maple Drive area of South Quesnel:
See a map of the affected areas: https://bit.ly/mapledriveEA
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be required. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for an evacuation order:
· Have a plan to transport all family members or co-workers (while practicing physical distancing if possible) outside of the area, should the area be brought under evacuation order.
· Keep essential items readily available for a quick departure; including medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insuranc e), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc).
· Ensure that any dependents or pets are prepared for departure.
· Move pets and livestock to a safe area.
· Ensure that you have accommodation options for your family, if possible. A Reception Centre will be made available if required.
· In the event you are evacuated, do not shut off your natural gas.
· Monitor reliable news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres and the CRD’s channels on Facebook and cariboord.ca.
· If you are on an evacuation ALERT or ORDER, or if you have been displaced from you home due to an emergency, Please self-register with Emergency Support Services (ESS) at https://ess.gov.bc.ca/ . Self-Registration will reduce wait times for evacuees and assist in the referral process.
Residents throughout the Cariboo Regional District are reminded to use caution as banks of rivers, streams or washout areas may be unstable and dangerous. Please stay away from fast flowing water, as well as road washouts.
Contact the CRD’s EOC if you have concerns about flooding in your area, need sand and/or sandbags. It is the homeowner's responsibility to undertake temporary and permanent flood protection to protect their home and property.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/EOC. For more information contact the CRD’s emergency information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:30am – 4:30pm daily).
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT