Williams Lake, B.C. – An Evacuation order issued on May 8th has now been expanded from one property to two due to landslide. As a result, the alert has also been amended in the Maple Drive area. The alert does not include any additional properties at this time.
Current Evacuation Order Area: https://bit.ly/mapledriveEOamendment
Current Evacuation Alert Area: https://bit.ly/mapledriveEAamendment1
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ORDER IS IN EFFECT
· You must leave the area immediately.
· Close all windows and doors.
· Do not shut off your natural gas.
· Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
· Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
· Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
· Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
· Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
· If you are on an evacuation ALERT or ORDER, or if you have been displaced from you home due to an emergency, Please self-register with Emergency Support Services (ESS) at https://ess.gov.bc.ca/ . Self-Registration will reduce wait times for evacuees and assist in the referral process.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be required. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for an evacuation order:
Residents throughout the Cariboo Regional District are reminded to use caution as banks of rivers, streams or washout areas may be unstable and dangerous. Please stay away from fast flowing water, as well as road washouts.
Contact the CRD’s EOC if you have concerns about flooding in your area, need sand and/or sandbags. It is the homeowner's responsibility to undertake temporary and permanent flood protection to protect their home and property.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/EOC . For more information contact the CRD’s emergency information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:30am – 4:30pm daily).
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT