Williams Lake, B.C. – Effective immediately, three evacuation alerts for the 150 Mile House area, issued by the Cariboo Regional District are being lifted:
- Hawks Creek – Likely Road – issued on Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 12:30 pm
- Hawks Creek – Likely Road Alert #2 – issued on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- Hawks Creek – Horsefly Road – issued Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 10:30 am
See maps of the lift areas:
Hawks Creek - Horsefly https://bit.ly/hawkshorseflylift Hawks Creek - Likely https://bit.ly/hawkslikelylift
An Evacuation Alert or Order may need to be reissued: however, if that is deemed necessary the process will re-commence. Residents returning home, are encouraged to consider that there is still high water and flooding in the area, to use caution and remain prepared:
- Have a plan to transport all family members or co-workers outside the area (while practicing physical distancing if possible), should the area be brought under evacuation order.
- Prepare personal emergency supply kits for your home, car and work (plan for at least a three-day supply of food and water for each family member)
- Have a grab-and-go kit ready in case you need leave your home quickly
- Keep important papers in watertight containers and have a record of your valuables in a safe place
- If flooding is likely in your area, pay attention to the local media for information
- Watch for warning signs: increase in height and intensity of water flows, mudslides, debris in creeks, colour changes in water or leaning trees
- Know that banks of rivers and streams may be unstable and dangerous
- Keep a safe distance away from fast flowing water, especially children
- Teach your children about flood safety
- Consider arrangements for your pets and any livestock prior to an alert being issued.
Contact the CRD’s EOC if you have concerns about flooding in your area or need sand or sandbags. It is the homeowner's responsibility to undertake temporary and permanent flood protection works to protect their home and property.
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding evacuation alerts and orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup
For Cariboo Regional District information, please visit cariboord.ca or facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations or @CaribooRD or call the CRD’s emergency information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:30am – 4:30pm daily).