• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, or closely related field (Master’s Degree would be preferred.)
• Certification with the Canadian Institute of Planners.
• Experience working within a local government setting.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are a requirement.
• Experience in developing long-range and special planning projects.
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with the public, elected officials, and stakeholders.
• A dynamic and energetic leader to carry-out and facilitate group discussions at workshops, open houses and public meetings.
• Effective public engagement methods and public speaking skills are essential.
• Proficiency in graphic presentation and map making skills are necessary.
• Must maintain a valid BC Driver’s license and the ability to travel in all weather conditions.
WAGE: This is a full-time BCGEU position. The current rate of pay is $41.63 per hour. A standard probation period will apply.
WORK SITE LOCATION: Cariboo Regional District Williams Lake Office located at, Suite D, 180 3rd Avenue North, Williams Lake, BC. Travel within the regional district will be required.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, on occasion may work a non-standard schedule to accommodate the attendance of evening meetings or for presentations.
Applications from qualified individuals will be accepted by the undersigned until 4:00 pm, October 7, 2020, and must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to the position.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Bernice Crowe, Human Resources Advisor
Suite D - 180 North Third Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 2A4
Phone: (250)392-3351 Fax: (250)392-2812
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT