Viewing Categories: General, Career, Meetings, Board Highlights, News Releases
May 20, 2020
Williams Lake, B.C. – Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an evacuation for one property, due to immediate danger to life safety due to landslide.
Effective immediately, three evacuation alerts for the 150 Mile House area, issued by the Cariboo Regional District are being lifted.
Williams Lake, B.C. – Effective immediately, the Evacuation Alert issued on Friday, May 1, 2020 at 4:00 pm for one property on Forglen Road has been lifted.
See a map of the affected areas: https://bit.ly/3602ohR
Residents returning home, are encouraged to consider that there is still high water and flooding in the area and to use caution. An evacuation alert or order may need to be reissued due to flooding activity and residents must remain prepared:
Contact the CRD’s EOC if you have concerns about flooding in your area or need sand or sandbags. It is the homeowner's responsibility to undertake temporary and permanent flood protection works to protect their home and property.
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding evacuation alerts and orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup
For Cariboo Regional District information, please visit cariboord.ca or facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations or @CaribooRD or call the CRD’s emergency information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:30am – 4:30pm daily).
CRD Board Highlights - May 8, 2020
Williams Lake, B.C. – An Evacuation order issued on May 8th has now been expanded from one property to two due to landslide. As a result, the alert has also been amended in the Maple Drive area. The alert does not include any additional properties at this time.
Williams Lake, B.C. – An Evacuation Alert has been issued by Cariboo Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for 7 properties in the Maple Drive area of South Quesnel:
See a map of the affected areas: https://bit.ly/mapledriveEA
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be required. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for an evacuation order:
· Have a plan to transport all family members or co-workers (while practicing physical distancing if possible) outside of the area, should the area be brought under evacuation order.
· Keep essential items readily available for a quick departure; including medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insuranc e), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc).
· Ensure that any dependents or pets are prepared for departure.
· Move pets and livestock to a safe area.
· Ensure that you have accommodation options for your family, if possible. A Reception Centre will be made available if required.
· In the event you are evacuated, do not shut off your natural gas.
· Monitor reliable news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres and the CRD’s channels on Facebook and cariboord.ca.
· If you are on an evacuation ALERT or ORDER, or if you have been displaced from you home due to an emergency, Please self-register with Emergency Support Services (ESS) at https://ess.gov.bc.ca/ . Self-Registration will reduce wait times for evacuees and assist in the referral process.
Residents throughout the Cariboo Regional District are reminded to use caution as banks of rivers, streams or washout areas may be unstable and dangerous. Please stay away from fast flowing water, as well as road washouts.
Contact the CRD’s EOC if you have concerns about flooding in your area, need sand and/or sandbags. It is the homeowner's responsibility to undertake temporary and permanent flood protection to protect their home and property.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/EOC. For more information contact the CRD’s emergency information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:30am – 4:30pm daily).
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup
Williams Lake, B.C. – Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an evacuation order for one property in the Maple Drive area due to immediate danger to life safety due to landslide.
May 1 Forglen Road evacuation order downgraded to alert
May 1 CRD rescinds evacuation order for Milburn Lake
Page last modified: October 30, 2018 09:50:58 PDT